Ronald F. Neville
DePaul University, College of Liberal Arts Major: Psychology Bachelor of Arts Degree DePaul University, College ofLaw September, 1967 - June, 1970 Juris Doctor Degree
- Legal Experience
April, 1972-April, 1976 Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Assigned to: Felony Trial Unit April, 1976-July, 1978 Walsh and Richard E. NevilleAssociate Attorney July, 1978 -present Neville & Mahoney
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1971
- Wisconsin Supreme Court, 2010
- U.S. District Court For The Northern District of Illinois - December, 1972
- U.S. Court Of Appeals For the Seventh Circuit- November, 1973
- U.S. Supreme Court - March 3, 1980
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois Appellate Lawyers Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
For the last twenty years, Mr. Neville has been an Officer and Judge Advocate for The American Legion, Department of Illinois, and represented the American Legion, Department of Illinois’ interests in numerous legal matters. Mr. Neville is also a past Post Commander for Post 808 in Chicago, Illinois.
- Contact Information
221 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 2150
Chicago, IL 60601
7270 W College Dr.
Palos Heights, IL 60463
During the last thirty-nine years while a partner of Neville & Mahoney, Mr. Neville has represented clients in legal issues involving the following subject matter:
- Prosecuted defendants in all First District misdemeanor and preliminary hearing courts and was subsequently assigned to the Felony Trial Division at 26th and California in Chicago prosecuting criminal defendants in both jury and bench trials for all types of felonies including murder, manslaughter, armed robbery, burglary, and controlled substances.
- Criminal felony and misdemeanor (including DUI) jury and bench trials in state and federal courts. Contract, commercial, and tort litigation in state and federal courts;
- Criminal and civil appeals before the U.S. Supreme Court, Illinois Supreme and Appellate Courts, and Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals;
- Complaints against attorneys and judges before the Illinois Attorneys Registration and Disciplinary Commission, Judicial Inquiry Board, and Illinois Courts Commission;
- Complex Commercial Litigation;
- Municipal law. Represent City of Palos Hills and the City of Palos Hills Fire and Police Commission, the City of Blue Island. Represent Southwest Central Dispatch and Southwest Central 9-1-1 System, which are Illinois intergovernmental cooperation associations that provide emergency and non-emergency police and fire dispatch services and enhanced 9-1 -1 dispatching service for the municipalities and fire protection districts which are members of each Association; Policemen before various fire and police commissions and the Chicago Police Board; Units of local government, fire and police commissions, and individual plaintiffs involving petitions filed under the Illinois Administrative Review Act; Individual plaintiffs in lawsuits against various municipalities and other units of local government;
- Construction litigation on behalf of owners, contractors, and subcontractors involving all aspects of construction work;
- Plaintiff and defendant personal injury litigation for individuals, corporations, municipalities, and insurance companies;
- Plaintiff and defendant 42 U.S.C. 1983 litigation representing individuals, police officers, and municipalities;
- Legal matters pertaining to small businesses;
- Plaintiffs and defendants in contract and tort claims;
- Employers before the EEOC and Illinois Department of Human Rights;
- Contract preparation and interpretation;
- Commercial litigation;
- Sale and purchase of commercial and residential real estate.
Mr. Neville has received the designation of AV, the highest rating offered by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rating system for ability and ethical standards.